TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
Our auto museum has received the 2012 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award. This honor is awarded to attractions that achieve outstanding traveler reviews on TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site. Our auto crew takes great pride in consistently offering an exceptional experience to our visitors.
Museum wins prestigious award.
A Best in Class at the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, North America's most esteemed car show.
UNDER THE HOOD TOUR by Willy Vinton - Stay in touch! Tours on going.
"We stayed at Wedgewood Resort & it was recommended that we walk over to your museum. We are not really into antique cars, but the museum was so impressive from the display of antique cars, to the women's attire from the same era, movies & history throughout the museum, and cleanliness. We were so impressed. Also, we enjoyed the employees which made it a perfect visit. It would be wonderful if so much care & love were put into everything in this world." - June 2012, Cooks from Connecticut
Our goal at Wedgewood Resort is to provide you with the perfect Fairbanks vacation experience. While here you'll enjoy a combination of comfortable lodging, fabulous hospitality and preferred access to one of Fairbanks, top attractions - the Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum.
Wedgewood Resort and Bear Lodge guests enjoy VIP access to this nationally acclaimed museum, where you'll discover fabulous historic fashions and remarkable antique cars that show how automobile and clothing design evolved dramatically from the Victorian Age through the Art Deco era. See Alaska's first car and explore the Territory's unusual automotive history through exhibits, photographs and archival videos. More than 100 vintage costumes are on display, as well as special clothing exhibits.
Our collection features over 80 vehicles, including horseless carriages, steamers, electric cars, speedsters, cyclecars, midget racers and 30s classics. These include such rarities as an 1898 Hay Motor Vehicle, 1906 Compound, 1920 Argonne and 1921 Heine-Velox Victoria. Remarkably, all but a few of the automobiles are driven, making this a true "living museum." Be sure to bring your camera - there's even an automobile you can climb into for photos!
Stay with us at Wedgewood Resort and you'll receive special museum privileges and more:
• Your choice of full-amenity suites and guestrooms
• On-site restaurant, lounge, espresso bar, internet cafe and gift shop - summer months
• Discounted museum admission
• VIP access to scheduled museum tours
• See antique cars in action and visit with drivers right outside the hotel lobbies
• View displays of vintage clothing and classic car photography inside the hotels
• Complimentary wireless internet access
• Complimentary Around Town Express to Fairbanks popular attractions
• Discounted admission passes to UA Museum of the North
• Resort activities - self guided and naturalist led walks at the Wedgewood Wildlife Sanctuary and evening Alaska movies
• Meeting facilities, catering and free parking for visiting car clubs and other groups